Category archive: News
Hello everyone its Mighty High Coup here to let you know the early details on our latest project. Allegedly its about making great music but there might be a sub-plot to ruin bass bins and subs mixed in as well.
Summer never ends if you’re always in the club, right? Well this winter we’ll be releasing another new album featuring production from our favorite electronic dance music producers.
Rather than select beats that fit our style we decided to branch out more artistically and try to bend our style to some different sounding beats. Since the start of Mighty High Coup we’ve been fortunate enough to work with some of the top names in dance music and all the beats come from some real heavy hitters.
“…This is the first record where I feel like each and every one of us our completely at the top of our game.” said A-Bomb
We can already let you know one of the producers you’ll be hearing is our good friend Mayhem. We were all super stoked to work with him again. Fresh off his US tour with our buddy Caspa, Mayhem sent us a fire track that we are all really proud of.
We can also let you know there’s a trap banger from local hero Taste Tester we put our rappity raps on.
Everyone involved so far has been really proud of the depth of this project. The sounds range from slow-moving southern drawly tunes to uptempo get up and dance bangers.
The full album drops Winter 2013/2014. We’ll be posting more official news, mp3s, interviews and more up until then.
A Few Producers on our Upcoming Album:
Another infectious banger from Atlantas favorite party rockers Mighty High Coup. As you may know, Mr. SOS, Ricky Raw and A-Bomb come from different backgrounds yet they effortlessly come together to form a cohesive unit; Going Gone explains why.
Download the mp3: http://bit.ly/Going_Gone
We made this track you might have heard it before called “The 808 Song”. Well so many people keep asking for the acapella to remix it so here it is. Free to download, remix and share your version.
Our lawyer for once actually told us TO say something, so check it:
- -Have fun and send us links to your remixes. We want to hear them.
- -Don’t be a jerk and run off trying to sell your remix on iTunes or other places.
- -YES you can post your remixes to YouTube, Soundcloud, etc. Please give us a mention if you don’t mind.
- -YES you can play your remixes out at events and clubs.
Selling your remix = Wack
Sharing your remix = Great!
Listen to the original and the Bassnectar remix below. Plenty of room below that for yours. Enjoy and have fun!
1. Very Hard (prod. by J. Padron)
2. I Got That (prod, by ADHD f. Natasha Fox)
3. Sunny In The South (prod. by Hit Maker)
4. I 20 (gone) (prod. by RadioActive Kids)
5. Write A Song About Me prod. by Ricky Raw f. Baby E)
6. Makin Moves In Atlanta (prod. by Trill Bass)
7. Add It Up (prod. by Ricky Raw)
8. Deep In The Game (prod. by RadioActive Kids)
9. Spaceship High (prod. by J. Padron)
10. Chill (prod. by The Treasury)
11. In This Bitch (prod. by Wes Green)
12. Wobble Dance Party (prod. by The Treasury)
13. Weed Man (prod. by The Treasury)
14. O.M.G. (prod. by Wes Green f. The Wheeler Boys, Ques of AN-TI and Wes Green)
Oh boy, this one has been tearing up the bloggosphere and making sweet tea even sweeter. DJ Klever must have been on his grape and purple when this remix was born.
The Boom – DJ Klever Remix
If you have ever been to the Clermont Lounge in Atlanta then you know two things. You better have your ID and NO CAMERAS. That is unless you’re Mighty High Coup. We rolled up to the best strip club in the world just past 4 PM and didn’t leave until around 12 hours later. Lots of booty, blunts, bass and even an AK-47 for good measure. You gotta watch the video to see…
Mighty High Coup loves the people. A-Bomb decided to join a rally for Sunday alcohol sales ensuring your right to party on days that end in Y. We are pretty sure that single handily this activism lead to the eventual passing of Sunday sales. What do we want? Alcohol! When do we want it? Sundays! Check out the video after the break.
What happens when the ultra talented Bassnectar remixed the Mighty High Coup. An instant classic “The 808 Track” that has been tearing up the clubs and iTunes dance charts and was featured in the AMC hit series “Breaking Bad” S4 E4 that’s what. More bass than a bass boat with bazooka speakers.